„Integrating education with consumer behaviour relevant to energy efficiency and climate change at the Universities of Russia, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh“
Knowledge sharing workshop on “Climate change and Energy Efficiency for Sustainable Development”
We created an international platform by bringing together the academic and industry experts around the globe focused on current trends and innovative practices of mitigation & adaptation of climate change, Strategies of energy efficiency applications and, Education for sustainable development.
Organized by Department of Civil Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka in collaboration with BECK (EU funded ERASMUS+ project on Integrating education with consumer behavior relevant to energy efficiency and climate change at the Universities of Russia, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh)
Workshop dates: 12th
June – 17th June 2021
Time : 8.00 p.m. to 9.30 pm local time (2.30 PM-4.00 PM GMT)
- 12th June: “Cleaning the ocean plastics and reusing the plastic waste as a source of energy” – Mr. Marko Kärkkäinen ( Chief Commercial Officer, Clewat Oy, Finland)
- 13th June: “Save energy by not wasting it” – Dr. Pasi Makkonen (Technical Director, Chemical Processes, Karhubetoni Oy, Finland)
- 14th June: Adapting urban territories to climate change: world experience and national research – Dr. Nina Danilina (Head, Department of Urban Planning, Moscow state university of Civil Engineering, Russia)
- 15th June: Impacts of Climate Change on Sustainable Development – Prof.Dilanthi Amaratunga ( Head, Global Disaster Resilience Center, School of Applied Sciences, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom)
- 16th June: European Union and Russian Federation Education for Sustainable Development -Dr. Alla Mazina (Deputy head of International Education Office, Peter the Great St.Petersburg, Polytechnic University, Russia)
- 17th June: Industry 5.0” Customisation Technologies for Climate change, Energy Conservation, and Sustainable Designs – Prof. Artūras Kaklauskas (Head, Department of Construction Economics and Property Management, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania).
The certificate will ONLY be offered to the participants who will attend the full workshop.
- 1st project meeting was held on 27th February-1st March 2019 in Colombo, Sri Lanka (organized by University of Moratuwa )
- 2nd project meeting was held on 27th-28th June 2019 in Huddersfield, United Kingdom (organized by University of Huddersfield)
- 3rd project meeting was held on 12th-15th November 2019 in Vilnius, Lithuania (organized by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University)
- 4th Integrated virtual transnational project meeting and training of lecturers was held on 10th-12th March 2020 (organised by University of Bologna) and face-to-face meeting to all who arrived to Vilnius (organised by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University)
- 5th Virtual project meeting and training of lecturers and other stakeholders was held on 29th-30th June 2020 (organised by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Moscow State University of Civil Engineering, M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University)
- 6th virtual project coordination meeting was held on 18th December 2020 (organised by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Patuakhali Science and Technology University, University of Barisal)
- 7th project coordination meeting was held on 3rd March 2022 (organised by University of Colombo)
- 8th project coordination meeting and the final conference was held on 20th April 2022 (organised by Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Patuakhali Science and Technology University)